Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Doctor and the Dog

Several years ago, I wrote the novel Season of Madness, starring Sherlock Holmes' companion and friend Dr. John Watson, published by Airship 27 Productions. Today, Airship 27 has released its second Watson novel. The new book, Dr. Watson's American Adventure, was written by my fellow pulp writer Erwin K. Roberts. In the book, Watson travels to the United States where he works with Teddy Roosevelt to solve a mystery without the help of Holmes.

I was fortunate to have a hand in this book too. While Erwin K. Roberts wrote the Watson story, I was asked to contribute a bonus story to fill out the book. My story, "Hyde and Seek," features the return of my character Captain Quincy "Hound-Dog" Harker, who first apppeared in the backup story for Season of Madness. Hound-Dog Harker is, for those unfamiliar with the character, the son of Jonathan and Mina Harker of Bram Stoker's novel Dracula, now grown up and working for the British Secret Service.

The book is illustrated by my good friend and frequent collaborator Pedro Cruz, with a cover by Rob Davis and Shane Evans.


Dr. Watson's American Adventure is now available as a digital download at

At Amazon's CreateSpace at

And will soon be available at
http://indyplanet.com/store/

I'm thrilled to be a part of this book and to have had the opportunity to work with Pedro, Rob, and editor Ron Fortier again, and with Erwin and Shane for the first time! 


Here's a look at the cover.






No comments:

Post a Comment